Gosnells Bowling Club Inc (the Club) ABN 37 377 920 973 and our related entities appreciate that Privacy is very important to people.
Like many other organisations, the Club must comply with the National Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act when dealing with personal information.
Collecting Personal Information
The Club will collect information about you, such as your name, address, contact details and other Clubs you belong to when you apply for membership to the Club.
This is a requirement under the Corporations and/or Registered Clubs Acts.
We may also collect this and other types of personal information, such as your membership number, during the course of dealing with you, for example over the telephone when you wish to obtain goods or services from the Club and when you participate in contests and promotions or return feedback forms.
In the interests of security and safety, and the comfort of members and guests, the Club also operates video cameras within the Club premises and may collect personal information in the course of investigating complaints or pursuing disciplinary proceedings.
Where practicable, the purpose for which we collect personal information will be made clear at the time of collection. If you do not provide us with certain information we may be unable to accept an application for membership or provide you with access to our services.
Users can generally visit the Club website without revealing who they are or other personal information. The Club will not collect any personal information about visitors to the website except when they knowingly provide it.
Using Your Information
- to establish and maintain your membership to the Club, including displaying in the club and in some cases disclosing your name and address (as required by law) and providing you with newsletters, quarterly magazines, annual reports and other information necessary to allow you to play an active role in the Club, such as information about candidates standing for election to the Management of the Club;
- to provide the products or services you have requested from the Club;
- to answer your inquiry;
- to register you for events, promotions or competitions;
- in accordance with the Constitution of the Club;
- to assist us to make the Club’s sites, services and products more valuable to our members and guests;
- for direct marketing of products or services and to keep you informed of new developments we believe may be of interest to you. If we contact you in this way without obtaining your prior consent, we will provide you with the opportunity to decline any further marketing communications;
- to third parties where we have retained those third parties to assist us to operate the Club and provide the products or services you have requested, such as marketing consultants and promotions companies, catering and event coordinators, businesses operating from our premises, website hosts and IT consultants, electronic gaming organisations, and our professional advisers such as management consultants, lawyers and accountants.
Accessing Your Information
You can request access to the personal information that the Club holds about you by contacting the Club’s Secretary. We will provide you with access to your personal information unless we are legally authorised to refuse your request. We may charge a reasonable amount for providing access.
If you wish to change personal information that is out of date or inaccurate at any time please contact the Club. After notice from you, we will take reasonable steps to correct any of your information which is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. If you wish to have your personal information deleted please let us know and we will delete that information wherever practicable.
We may refuse your request to access, amend or delete your personal information in certain circumstances. If we do refuse your request, we will provide you with a reason for our decision and, in the case of amendment, we will note with your personal information that you have disputed its accuracy.
The Club will take reasonable steps to keep secure any personal information which we hold and to keep this information accurate and up to date. Personal information is stored in a secure server or secure files.
This Policy will be reviewed annually to ensure it remains relevant to Club operations and reflects both community expectations and legal requirements.
|Club President||Club Secretary|
|Date:||17 January 2020||Date:||17 January 2020|
Next Policy review date is 17 January 2021