Social Media Policy
SOCIAL MEDIA POLICY
The objectives of this policy are to:
- protect the Club’s reputation from being brought into disrepute through the use of social media by its members and employees; and
- protect the Club’s members and employees from bullying, harassment or discrimination through the use of social media by co-workers.
This policy applies to all members and employees who use social media and covers all forms of social media, including:
- Social networking websites e.g. Facebook, Twitter, MySpace.
- Video and photo sharing websites e.g. YouTube, Flickr.
- Weblogs, including corporate blogs, personal blogs or blogs hosted by traditional media publications.
- Forums and discussion boards e.g. Whirlpool, Yahoo! Groups or Google Groups.
- Any other website that allows individual users or companies to use publishing tools.
Club members and employees shall comply with the following procedure regarding social media:
- Do not use or access social media during work time.
- Do not use the Club’s computer or internet facilities to access social media at any time.
- Social media it is not to be used in a manner that brings the Club’s reputation into disrepute or harms the Club’s commercial interests. This includes making comments, written or otherwise, that are slanderous or defamatory about the Club, its services, its employees, its members or guests, or its competitors or about the Club’s other business-related activities.
- Social media is not to be used in a manner that constitutes bullying, harassment or discrimination of a co-worker (refer to the Club’s bullying, harassment and discrimination policies).
BREACH OF POLICY
The Club has an obligation to consistently apply and enforce this policy. Likewise, employees must comply with this policy.
Any employee who breaches this policy shall be subject to counselling and/or disciplinary action, which may include termination of employment.
This policy will be reviewed annually to ensure it remains relevant to Club operations and reflects both community expectations and legal requirements.
|Club President||Club Secretary|
|Date:||17 January 2020||Date:||17 January 2020|
Next policy review date is 17 January 2021