Bag Search Policy
BAG SEARCH POLICY
The objective of this policy is to ensure that all employees are aware that:
- property, materials and items owned by the Club are not taken away from the Club without permission; and
- illegal or dangerous items are not to be brought onto Club premises. For example, prohibited drugs, weapons and stolen goods, etc.
The Club reserves the right to search an employee’s bag(s), and locker facilities with or without permission, because of:
- suspicion of dishonesty, theft; or,
- any other reason related to the health, safety or security of employees, members and their guests at the Club.
Employees are not permitted to remove or consume any items of Club property, for example, food or beverages, without payment or the express approval of Club Management.
The Club may comply with the following procedure when searching an employee’s bag or locker:
- The employee shall be asked to remain on the Club’s premises by a supervisor, duty manager or Management;
- The employee shall be asked to voluntarily reveal the items in their bag;
- If the employee refuses, the supervisor, duty manager or Management will contact the Club Secretary. The employee must remain on the Club’s premises until the Club Secretary arrives;
- The Club Secretary shall ask the employee to voluntarily reveal the items in their bag;
- If the employee refuses, the Club Secretary may contact the WA Police Service to assist in the matter;
- The employee must remain on the Club’s premises until the WA Police Service arrives to conduct the bag search;
Any employee who is aware of the unauthorised removal of any Club property, or believes that this is occurring, is required to report this to Management. If you believe that a member of the Management has removed Club property without authorisation, you are required to report this through to the Bar Manager.
BREACH OF POLICY
The Club has an obligation to consistently apply and enforce this policy. Likewise, employees must comply with this policy.
Any employee who breaches this policy shall be subject to counselling and/or disciplinary action, which may include termination of employment.
This policy will be reviewed annually to ensure it remains relevant to Club operations and reflects both community expectations and legal requirements.
|Club President||Club Secretary|
|Date:||17 January 2020||Date:||17 January 2020|
Next policy review date is 17 January 2021